Assessment Policy for Classes Nursery to XII
Nursery–Prep:- The academic year is divided into three terms. Each term assessment is based on the continuous evaluation based on class activity, worksheets, assignment on day to day basis and pen paper test also.
Class I to XII :- Academic session has been into divided two terms, First term (from April to September) and second term ( From October to March). Each term has two Formative and one Summative Assessment.
.:. Formative or Summative Assessment absentees will be marked zero, exemption if any will be granted by the Principal.
.:. Class I to X will have four Formative and Two Summative Assessment.
.:. Class XI will have two semesters (I/II) one in each term which include two term ending exams and three assessment tests.
.:. Class XII will have one semester and Half Yearly Examination in Term-I and one Pre-Board Examination in Term-II.
.:. The result for the classes I to X will be based on the following break up:
— 10% weightage of each Formative Assessment.
- 30% weightage of First Summative and 30 % weightage Second Summative Assessment [FA I (10%) + FA 2 (10%) + FA 3 (10%) + FA 4 (10%) + SA 1 (30%) + SA 2 (30%) = 100%]
—Minimum D grade in each main subject is the basic criteria for qualifying to the next higher class for classes I to X.
Criteria for Promotion to Class X/XII
1- As per CBSE for classes IX & X, Student would have to obtain at least 25% mark in the Summative Assessment (both S.A-1 & S.A-2 taken together) to be eligible to quality the examination and total 33% in each of the five subjects scholastic area.
2- Criteria for promotion in class XI securing minimum 33% in all subjects (Theory & Practical separately).In Practical subjects student should pass the theory and practical exams separately. Appearing in all examinations is absolutely mandatory.
- No retest of any kind will be conducted for Formative Assessment.
- If any Examination will be shifted from scheduled date due to any circumstances then it will be mandatory for all to follow changed schedule as per given instructions & no application / excuse for any reason will be entertained for the same.
- In genuine case of absence during examination the Principal will decide on the merit of each case. Decisions relating promotion of such cases will be at the sole discretion of the Principal (based on excellence in academic and attendance).The Medical certificate in case of medical leave should be submitted to the school within one week.
- CBSE has introduced Open Text Based Assessment (OTBA) in SA-II of classes IX, & XI from the session 2014 (weightage of 10 marks).
- There will be an assessment of speaking and listening skills (ASL) in English for IX,X & XI class students ( weightage of 20 marks).
- A student is eligible to appear for the examination at class X & XII level only when he/she has
attained at least 75% of attendance for the 1st of the month proceeding the month in which the examination of the school/ Board commences.